Dear Sofia darling,
11 Nov 2007 - You are officially 10 months old today and mummy just have this strong urge to write you a love letter, just like the strong urge I had to "push" you into this world ten months ago. The past ten months contain countless precious memories Daddy and I treasure and we tried our very best to capture all of it in the video cam. We hope to be able to share these fond memories with you when you are older so that you can also have a glimpse into your babyhood. These memories are also meant for Dad and I to play back when our nest becomes empty one day and we would be contended seating on our rocking chairs sipping a cuppa enjoying the play backs.
Let me tell you a secret - Dad is such a biased dad, just like Uncle Andrew and Auntie Celia towards Baby Alex, Dad thinks you are PERFECT in every way. Perhaps you resemble Daddy a lot, so you just have to be perfect so that Dad is perfect too, got it? Mummy loves you too but nobody is perfect, girl. There are times when feeding you milk and porridge proves to be so difficult that I just let you skip a meal so that you will be more obedient during the next feeding. I love the times where you fall alseep in my arms and I get to listen to your breathing and smell your sweaty hair. Yup, you may not always be sweet smelling but to me, these are all part of you and I love it to bits.
Darlin', you are growing up every minute and both Dad and I would like to be there for you always.
We will give wherever possible, but there are times we will say 'no'.
We will repeat wherever possible, but there are times we will nag.
We will be quick wherever possible, but there are times we will be slow.
We will understand wherever possible, but there are times we will act insensitive.
We will protect wherever possible, but there are times we will not fight your battle.
We will love ALL possible, but there are times we will not be lovable.
Love,
Mummy

