I hit the 6th month milestone of my pregnancy today and was scheduled to go for detailed scanning with my gynae today. I had been counting down till today cos everyone around me is eager to know the gender of this baby and that will be confirmed through the detailed scan. I, on the other hand, am more interested how the baby is progressing and developing. The detailed scan will give us some insight into its heart, brain, stomach, and I would like to see everything normal.
I heaved a sign of relief after the checkup revealed everything looks alright and I have a good piece of news to share, it is going to be a baby BOY! Don't get me wrong, I would be equally happy if it is a baby girl. But I do know with a baby boy, it is going to make some people around me VERY VERY happy. I can bet you my mum and my mother-in-law can smile in their sleep! Well, Sofia is a girl and with the next one being a boy, it gives you the "good" character in Chinese, just the way it is written - 好! So naturally, they are very delighted.
Now comes the headache, I have zero baby clothes for boys and that should give me the perfect excuse to Daddy for shopping rite? All parents would know how fast baby clothes gets "archived" and we do feel that it is rather wasteful to build another "him" wardrobe all over again. I probably will contact some of our friends in KL to ask for hand-me-down clothes if they do not plan to have any more kids.

