Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Updates


Things have changed quite a bit for us over the last one and half month. We finally shifted on 16 Dec and for the first time, I did not pack ANYTHING prior to the move. I left it all to the packers, including the skeletons in my closet. I think they were probably disgusted by the amount of skeletons I have! Things are different now at the new house, we have taken over the roles of Chief Security Officer and Gardener, all of which are new to us. FeFe is also now an outdoor cat and she is fiercely guarding her territory from other stray cats.

We settled in in the quickest time possible and drove up to Ipoh and Penang to spend Christmas there. We are starting to explore places in West Malaysia, beyond KL and it is very interesting to see how each of these places carries their own individual charm and culture. The white coffee at Ipoh was REALLY good, so smooth and we were ready to soak in the aroma the entire afternoon if not for the kids. Is there such a thing as coffee spa, I wonder?

Sofia went to play sand at a real beach for the first time at Penang. As usual, it took us a while to coax her to put her feet down on the sand but she insisted on pulling up her pants all the time on the beach. She looked so funny. It was a good short getaway and I think the kids felt good to see us both in a relaxed mode compared to a week ago, we were so stressed up over the move.
More things to share later ...