Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sleeping Through

Jeremiah is finally sleeping through the night now without asking for milk at night BUT he has developed another sleep disruption habit.

He seems to have a very punctual body clock which goes off at 5am which triggers him to wake up and look for me. If I do not attend to him, he will sit there and scream the whole house down. If I go over and coax him, he would want me to CARRY HIM AND SLEEP, as if I am nursing him!!

Last night, it irritated me terribly, he still refused to sleep on his own after carrying him for half an hour. So I just let him cry it out. And cry he did! He screamed, shouted, yelled, hollered at the break of dawn for half an hour. When he realised no one is coming to his aid afterall, he shut his mouth and laid down to sleep on his own. I was relieved the torture was only 30 mins but I am sure my neighbours were cursing me for waking them up at that unearthly hour.

I plan to do this again to help Jeremiah kick this bad habit, hope it does not take too long.