Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Domestic Helper

I started out thinking July was probably too early to start searching for a domestic help but nonetheless I started. As I search, I went into a shock which lead to despair and subsequently, DESPERATE. Apparently, because of some memorandum that has not been signed between Indonesia and Malaysia regarding domestic help, there are no housemaids being released into Malaysia now. WHAO! The numerous agents that I contacted simply just turn me away and asked me to come back in a few months' time. FEW MONTH's time???

So Daddy and I sat down to discuss IF we can do without a domestic helper, or perhaps we should engage a baby sitter? Our talk went on for many days and we finally concluded we needed a helper or a pair of extra hands at home. It may be just as simple as having someone at home with Jerry while I run errands or picking up Sofia from school. There will be days I need a break and I can safely hit the malls or going for a massage and know that Jerry is safe at home. Daddy travels quite frequently so a housemad would provide some company for me and also help with the housechores.

With the direction all set, I tried my luck again, this time round, I called Ana's agent in Jarkata. He got me linked up with his KL agent and yes, something can be done! It was such a BIG relief off my mind, I could eat, sleep and dream peacefully again. Yes, we are very dependent on domestic help and I never never fail to admire those SAHMs who take care of their kids and manage the household with their bare two hands.

To me, it is nothing short of a MIRACLE.