Have you ever been served cold french toast with kaya and cold pie? It was my second encounter today and I promised myself to write this down to remind me NOT to eat the food served on the country's national carrier anymore. I hope this is only happening on the domestic flights in Malaysia and not on the international flights. If it does, it would really be a disgrace.
I have grown to like kaya on toast over the last few years and have been working hard to master the skill of making kaya from my mum. Kaya is best eaten on charcoal grilled bread with a generous helping of butter. To perfect the picture, a cup of hot coffee from freshly grind coffee beans would fit best. But the air stewardess served everyone a cold and limp french toast with a dash of kaya. As I tried to swallow my first bite, I wonder in my mind when was this toast made, 12 hours ago?
On the way back to KL, I had hope these guys would serve everyone warm dinner. After all, the flight was delayed for more than an hour. Were they late cos the chief was trying to whip up a good dinner for everyone?
"Hi Madm, would you like to have a pie or a sandwich?", the pretty air stewardess asked.
"A pie would be good!", the pie lover in me answered.
Unfortunately, the lovely picture of a hot sizzling pie vanished from my head the moment it was served. It looked cold, as if it has not entered the oven at all and felt cold. I really felt reluctant to give up on the innocent pie and tasted a piece of the crust. IT WAS REALLY COLD!!!
This is it! The next time I step into the national carrier for domestic flights within Malaysia, I am going to BRING MY OWN FOOD!

