Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, November 10, 2008

ROAR!


RRROOOOAAAARR ... Yeah, I am well, all up and running walking again ... our second babe is doing well too and hitting the 12th week milestone last week certainly makes everyone more relaxed about the situation. In fact, they gynae gave me the green light to lead a "normal" life again since 20 Oct but we never knew if anything that I did could jeopardize the precious cargo in my tummy. I could still remember on 18 Sep, before I suspected anything unusual, I went to the gym and ran 2.4km on the treadmill because I was feeling so very bloated. I felt faint after the run but did not think much about it. I only started panicking when the home pregnancy test kit showed positive and bleeding started shortly after. I felt so bad about the run and of course, Daddy was worried too.

Then the bed rest started together with weekly injections and daily oral medication. To be honest, complete bed rest may help the body but it does not help the mind. The body can stop all physical activities but the mind is active and it is pretty hard to block bad thoughts from entering the mind. I was glad to have Saanvi's mum, R, around during the first few days, before help from Singapore arrive. R made lunch for me, came over and kept me company and made sure I was resting in bed. I was really touched by her care and concern, the support she gave me was like sunshine in the middle of a cold and gloomy winter. Thank God for this good Samaritan and may God bless her abundantly!