Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, April 10, 2009

Smooth Transition

I am amazed, surprised and astounded.

Sofia has been going to the "new" school for about a week. As expected, she needed time to adjust to the new environment and started off whining in the car every morning. When we reach the school, she would be bawling and clinging onto Ana like a koala. Then comes her favourite teacher who would have to carry her into the school.

The teachers had assured me that Sofia is generally okay after we leave and would play well with other kids. But as a parent, it is uncomfortable to my ears and heart to hear her saying "Don wan! Don wan!" every morning on the way to school. I needed direct assurance from Sofia to know that she is looking forward to school and enjoying herself.

Just yesterday, Sofia stopped whining on the way to school and was even fine when her favourite teacher did not greet her at the door!? I happily wondered what happened? Her principal, Yansley, did mention to me casually last Friday that they would be working on Sofia to get used to other teachers. But I did not expect it to happen so fast! I thought it was going to take weeks or months, or at least till Sofia is used to the new environment. I was amazed that Sofia managed to cross two major hurdles in just a short period of one week. Of course that made me a very happy mum who looks forward to sending her kid to school every morning! : )