I introduced a new drink to Sofia couple of days ago - goat's milk. I can pretty much accept goat's milk but it is strictly off Daddy's diet because of the "fragrance". When I went shopping for goat's milk from Cold Storage, I specially let Sofia tag along so that she can participate and perhaps accept the "new" milk without any fuss.
Why goat's milk instead of cow's milk? I had a brief chat with K last week and her son was also having very frequent cough with phlegm. It can get so bad that it causes him to throw up all his food. She tried to seek second opinion from TCM and the doc suggested switching to goat's milk, as the kid might have a mild allergy to cow's milk and that produces phlegm. After talking to her, I decided to give it a try too. I have long heard about goat's milk, it being closer to mother's milk, easier to digest and better absorption of nutrients by human. The only downside is it is much more expensive. For a 1.8kg tin of cow's milk, I can only buy a 900g tin of goat's milk!
I am not sure if this is the solution of Sofia's frequent coughing and cold but I plan to give it a try for a couple of months and see if it makes a difference to her health.

