Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My Grandpa

My in-laws are here for a 3-week stay and Sofia was ecstatic when she saw her grandpa. Simply because grandpa likes to carry her here and there! More importantly, grandpa gives in to ALL her demands. If she wants a cracker, she gets a cracker. If she wants some nuts, she will get her nuts. Of course that makes her over the moon but it drives me nuts.

I do not give in to all her request in general, only those which are deem appropriate at certain times. For example, if she wants her favourite cashew nut, I will tell her that she will only get the nuts after she finish her dinner. So there is a condition attached, but grandpa gives without any conditions and unlimited quantity. That is why Sofia loves to have him around.

I am like the baddie in the house, always putting a stop to Sofia's request. How will my behaviour be like when I become a grandma? Lots to think about ...