Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 12, 2008

1st Birthday!

110107 - Sofia turned 1 today. That was fast. It seems like yesterday when I was just doing confinement and changing soiled diapers and feeding her milk was my full time job. Now I start to comprehend why lotsa parents say time flies when you have a kid.

The Sofia that sits beside me now is full of character ...

I can no longer pacify her with the pacifier, she prefers her thumbs.
I can no longer insist she stay in the room, she will crawl away on her own.
I can no longer trick her into finishing her cereal before fruit is served, she knows fruit is nearby.
I can no longer hide from her, she knows how to play hide-n-seek.
I have to keep the house really clean, she enjoys picking up dead insects on the floor.
I have to keep my eyes on her most of the time, chasing after FeFe is now her fav pastime.
I have to be careful when lying down beside her, she likes to dig my nose and put her finger in my mouth!
I have to come out with new receipes for her meals, she gets tired of eating the same stuff after a few days.
I have to be disciplined and show her flashcards daily, she loves doing this flashcard thingy.

We find it hard to imagine our lives without Sofia now. It was just so different when we first got married, having a kid was the last thing on our minds! That is why we only had Sofia after married for six years. Thinking back, perhaps having a baby should be the first thing on our minds, so much time wasted!