Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Stomach Flu - Day One

Just as I thought Sofia has fully recovered from her cold last night when we were having so much fun, she started throwing up water while sleeping last night. It was really scary to see her stomach deflat suddenly and back then she will throw up water. I had absolutely no idea what was going on ... She continued to throw up her milk after her morning feed and that was when we got really scared.

I brought her to Dr Lim again and he diagnosed her condition has "Viral Gastroenteritis" or commonly known as stomach flu. Infants, babies, toddlers, kids are very susceptible to such viral attacks and may take up to 1-2 weeks to fully recover. We went home with some anti-vomiting medicine and was told to keep her hydrated as much as possible, hopefully this will help to keep the food down.
As much as I enjoy admiring the pretty merlion back home, I do not derive any joy at all watching Sofia doing the same. You can tell she hates it and do not understand why this is happening. It makes her hungry and weak and makes us worried. For the first time, I call home every hour from work just to check how she is. Should I be a full time mum?