Sofia was having problem falling alseep last night because of her blocked nose and she just making this "ahum ahum" sound to show her displeasure and discomfort. I offered her some biscuits hoping to cheer her up and she took it.
As I settled her down into her Ikea highchair, a thought flashed through my mind. Why don't I try to let her feed herself? Of course I cannot give her the whole cracker, she is going to stuff the entire piece into her mouth and choke. So I broke the cracker into bite-sized pieces and left one piece on her tray to see what happens. To my surprise, she picked it up easily and went straight into her mouth?! That was quite an achievement and my immediate response was to shower her with praises, cheers and a kiss. She was so happy and I was happy too!
Just at that instantneous moment, hundreds of images passed through my mind. I imagined her feeding herself with a spoon the first time, putting on clothes for the first time, bathing herself for the first time, wearing shoes herself for the first time, etc.. Haiz, wish I can fast forward time and she can do ALL of this now!
ZOOM back to reality ... I regretted that thought as soon as it came cos I know it it just a matter of time all this will happen. By the time it happens, I would wish I could reverse time and help her do everything again.
While I continued to break up the cracker for Sofia to eat, I now treasure each moment and am happy to be able to express my love for her in this simple way.

