Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Jong's Crocodile Farm (Part I)

It was a nice cool Saturday morning and I decided to do a little bit of driving myself. Packed Sofia, maid and my in-laws into the car and headed for Jong's Crocodile Farm located 30km (17th mile) from Kuching. I am not very sure the exact location but everyone tells me "just head towards Serian" and you will not miss it. My father-in-law could navigate me up till 10th mile and from there on, we depended on road signs along the way. Not too bad, after a 30-mins leisure drive, we saw the signage and reached the place successfully! Actually, Daddy and I have heard of this place since we came to Kuching but never did felt the "need" to visit. See crocodiles for what?? But with Sofia, the visit becomes much more meaningful as we can show her the different type of animals and bring her outdoors to get some sun.

Baby crocodiles - apparently they have to separate the young ones from the older and bigger ones cos the adults might eat the young ones when hungry!

Looks fake? It is 100% real! But I wonder why he kept this mouth opened all the time, toothache?
More snapshots of the other animals we met ...

Overall, it was a pretty good experience for everyone since all of us were there for the first time. The crocodile feeding show was quite entertaining and the place is pretty clean and well kept. Maybe we should plan another visit when Daddy is back?