I thought long and hard during the last 2 weeks while laying off my contact lens in preparation for the operation. For me to be born with sight and to lose it now is unimaginable for me. If that should happen, I am very likely to lose the will to live and would be very very depressed. BUT living with my spectacles during this two weeks was horrible too, it felt so heavy on my face and got extremely crooked after several "accidents" with Sofia.
That was it! am going for the op!
I turned up on the dot at 11am at Optimax for the thorough eye check which would take about 2~3 hours. It was easy and the friendly optometrist brought me from station to station explaining in detail what the individual machines were for. We came to an end at about 1:30pm and they were officially going to do the last bit to prepare my eyes for the op, that is, to dilate my pupils. This would take at least an hour. So I sat there, being fed with eyedrops every now and then, nervous and excited. Finally, my eyes were fully dilated at 3pm and was moved to the waiting room for my turn. I was afraid suddenly and bad thoughts started to flood my mind again but prayers helped and assurance from the surgeon also calm me down a bit.
I stepped into the operating theatre at 3:30pm and was out in less than 10 minutes. It took me some efforts to keep my eyes REALLY STILL and hold them open for the longest I can but keeping the eye ball still and focused was not so easy for me, especially when I am nervous. Fortunately the operation was really brief and I made it home within the next half an hour. The toughest part for me was actually the next 4-6 hours after the op, my eyes sting and were tearing badly. These are the immediate side effects which I can help to relieve through eye drops as I was told. Yes, the eye drops did help!
Amazingly, my vision was almost perfect the next day and I could drive back to the center for my follow-up appointment! I am thankful to God that this op went well and I can continue to admire his creation around me!!

