Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Wavefront Lasik

This has been on my mind for ages. I want to get rid of my spectacles and my contact lens. My eyes are getting drier these days from lack of sleep and age and wearing contact lens for long period makes my eyes very very tired. I am now seriously considering wavefront lasik to correct my short sightedness. Daddy is toying with the idea too but he got no guts time to make the first move. I made the first move today.
I went for a preliminary eye check at Optimax (TTDI) today. It was a very brief check but the good news is - I am a very suitable candidate!!! Yippeee!! One of the most important condition was the thickness of the cornea, it had to be >500 to be suitable, usually 550 is the average. My reading was 599! I was so happy that I immediately made an appointment to have the surgery done end of May.
BUT as I am writing this entry after reading all the pre-surgery materials, I started to have some fear in me. I only have two eyes, created and given by God. What if after going through this human intervention I lose them? Eeeeeeekkkkkkkkkssss! It was a terrible thought. I better think it through thoroughly, maybe I will chicken out at the last minute.