Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 31, 2009

512

12 May 2009 is Jeremiah's birthday and it coincides with a disaster in Sichun last year where many children died when their schools collapsed during an earthquake. It was horrible and I could still remember watching news on 11 May night where the children's parents are still questioning the China government on this matter. I felt very emotional when watching the news, being a parent, I can imagine how angry the parents feel and the grief they bear to lose their children prematurely ... I sincerely hope time will heal their wounds and justice would be done some day.

Anyway, the EDD for Jeremiah is 22 May and I asked my mum to come over early May so that we can do some shopping for the herbs needed during confinement. My mum chose to come over on 12 May, thinking the little fella will not come so early. It was such a coincidence that this fella DID choose to arrive on 12 May as well! I could still remember calling my mum at 8am on 12 May to tell her that the baby is likely to arrive today and she was so surprised! Of course Daddy and her had to do last minute shopping for all the herbs and stuff but everything was manageable.

12 May would now be a special day for our family where an unexpected fella came to join our family.