Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Mighty General


Sometimes I feel like a mightly general when I go to bed at night. I sleep on a king-sized bed all alone with my left-hand man (Jeremiah) and right-hand woman (Sofia) on their own mattresses. Daddy sleeps in the room next door so that he gets his eight hours of undisrupted beauty sleep.
Unfortunately, instead of being protected and taken care of by my aides, I am watching over them. At times, I am so torn between them, especially when I am nursing the little boy and the young lady gets awakened by his cries and start chanting,"I don't want Didi ... I don't want Didi ... " ... I can only try my best to console and assure I am still with her and hopefully her sobbings do not escalate and disturb the rest of the family.
The night situation was pretty bad last week when Sofia was down with cough and cold, she could not sleep well with a blocked nose and kept waking up at night. It was a toll on me because Jeremiah was still waking up for feeding and my sleeping hours just got less and less. Fortunately, Jeremiah did not join the band wagon and was still growing very well.