Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Bad Habit


How do you help her kick this habit when the thumb is stuck to her all the time? It is unlike a pacifier where you can throw it away, burn it, chop it all up and say "That's it! Grow up kid, no more!". The thumb is part of her hand, her body, what should I do?

I tried to make her wear mittens using her socks but the mittens were off by dawn. I threatened with pepper and chili but it only worked while awake and when caught red-handed. In my absence, she would be happily sucking away. I am adamant that Sofia kick this habit soonest possible as we have noticed her lower two front teeth have protruded even more recently. But HOW? She has come up with some clever ideas like hiding under the blanket, not facing me at night so that she can suck without my knowledge.

My worst plan is to rub chili on her thumb regardless she likes it or not every night until she kicks this habit. I know by doing this, it would be a battle with lots of tears and screams before bedtime and perhaps in the middle of the night as well. It may sound cruel but like I said, it is my last resort.