Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, September 12, 2008

My First Lantern


Sofia made this lantern out of recycled materials in school today. I thought she was also taught the proper thing to do with a lantern, i.e., how to carry it, making sure the fragile thing does not get damaged.
I was so very wrong.

When I whipped out the lantern from her bag, she grabbed it from my hands and went PLONK! PLONK! PLONK! on FeFe's head! Luckily the lantern is very soft and light, no serious head injury. Instead, FeFe was rather amused and played in return, tugging the strng, trying to gnaw the bulging sides of the lantern.

The next thing I knew, Sofia started gnawing at the "stick" for holding the lantern which was made out of a straw. I guess she must have mistaken that for a real straw.

I have actually prepared a real lantern for her on Sunday, think there will be quite a crowd at the pool in our condo. Would she be interested? We shall see.