The Signing Time DVDs we ordered for Sofia finally arrived at the Post Office today! It took a grand total of 27 days to arrive from the US after it was shipped on 05 June. Or perhaps I had the wrong expectations? When I ordered their DVDs, it says all orders will be shipped via UPS. I thought "UPS" was United Parcel Service, a courier service company which I believe is reliable enough to bring my parcel to Malaysia safely.
But NO. "UPS" is actually "United States Postal Service" which is SingPost equivalent in Singapore. O.o. What a wrong assumption I made! I have nothing against United States Postal Service, just that it means my parcel is going to go through POS Malaysia! They would probably ask me what are the DVDs for, tax me heavily ... I got really worried after that. We actually considered for some time being ordering the Series Two DVDs cos the products are not cheap. So we tried watching Sesame Street and Baby Einstein with Sofia but she show no interest in both, in fact, she cried when we watched Sesame Street. Guess the furry monsters do not appeal to her.
I spent about 25 days waiting nervously at home, peering into the mailbox every now and then, hoping to receive some news on the DVDs. Finally on 26 Jun, I received a letter from POS Malaysia asking me to decide and appoint a clearing agent for my parcel. Of course I appoint them, don't know of anyone else who can help me on this. And the parcel finally reached Kelana Jaya Post Office on 01 July, ready for collection, yeah!
Of course it told me quite a while to figure out the way to Kelana Jaya Post Office and true enough, the taxes and custom clearance fee I had to pay came up more than RM300! Now I know. We really have to make these DVDs worth their while and generate better returns - by having more kids!

