Sofia is still not interested in walking even at 14+months. She has no problem holding onto furniture and cruise along but the moment she lets go, it's back to crawling .... arrggghhhh ... Perhaps she has gotten so used to being carried around by her grandparents that she finds walking not a necessary skill to acquire?
I have been cracking my brains how to motivate her to walk on her own and one fine day, there was this little toddler walking down the street and her feet was going SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK! ... That gave me an idea!
So off I went searching high and low for a similar pair of shoes for Sofia which also goes SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK! when she walks. Found this pretty pair at Bata yesterday and got Sofia to try it the moment I got home. Hey, it did work a little! She found the squeaky shoes fun and kept wanting to touch the shoes initially. But after a while, she realised the shoes make the sound when she walks and she was happily walking around with our support. Phew! At least my hard-earned $$ did not go to waste!
I guess this little exercise would just have to continue for the next few days and hopefully she will be walking by herself very soon!

