Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Drinking using Straw



Sofia can finally drink using the straw today! Finally.
It all started when we were at Charlotte's 1yo birthday party just this afternoon. Daddy and I were sharing a packet of Yeo's winter melon tea and Sofia was curious about it too. So I offered her the packet drink and as usual, she will just chew and bite the straw. She still could not figure out how to close her mouth around the straw and suck. I have also given up trying to teach her and am just waiting till she is older, perhaps she will then know how to.

"Squeeze the packet." Daddy prompted.

So I squeeze the packet drink and the Sofia had a taste of sweet drink and her eyes SPARKLED. She started gnawing at the straw again, trying to get more of the drink. Then suddenly, she closed her lips around the straw and suck, just like that. Happily she drank and drank. Daddy and I hastily finished up the packet drink as we do not want her to have too much of the sweet drink.

And from that day onwards, Sofia started drinking from straw and was so happy with her newfound skills that she finished two MagMag cups in the afternoon!