Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My Fifth Day in School - w/o Mummy

Our conversation this morning ...

Me : Sofia, shall we go to school today to play?
Sofia nodded her head.
Me : Good girl, let's go to school and play with all the gor-gor (boys) and jie-jie (girls) ok?
Sofia nodded her head.
Me : Sofia, when you go to school, mummy needs to go the market for a while to buy fish and vegetables for dinner tonite, ok?
Sofia : -silence-
Me : Mummy will just go for a while and will come back and pick you up from school, ok?
Sofia nodded her head.

I wondered if she understood what I said? I think she did cos she clung onto me the moment we reached school and whenever Auntie Tan came close to play with her or carry her, she clung onto me even harder. I reminded her again about our conversation this morning and I need to go to market. This time round, she replied ,"Tak tak!" which means "no" in Malay. Oh no.

In the end, I got away today at double the speed and this time round she was already wailing before I passed the door. Bleh. I went home and got some work done. Somehow I think she will do better today.

I went back at 1130am to find her teary face and when I hugged her, she started complaining! I thought she was crying but no, she was whining as if crying, but not a single drop of tear she shed. I wanted to laugh at her but I could not. So I gave her praises and told her that she did well. Auntie Tan told me she cried and slept for about half an hour, then in between play, she also cried a bit, but generally ok. I guess Sofia is on track then? The principal told me there were kids who would cry continuously and were impossible to soothe and calm. For those kids, they have no choice but to send them back and the parents would have to look for alternative caregivers.

It looks like Sofia is going in the right direction but would still take a bit of time to adjust. Well, I certainly do hope so too.