Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My Second Day in School

Today is Tuesday and it is "Sand Pit" day in school, meaning the kids will spend about half an hour in the morning, playing in the sand pit. While I was driving to school in the morning, I wondered if Sofia would like sand? We have not brought her to any beaches so far because we fear the sand flies would attack her. Also, she likes to put her hands in her mouth, what if she swallow a mouthful of sand? How to ask her to spit them out?

I soon found out, this girl do not like sand AT ALL. As soon as I put her into the sand pit, she did all she could to get out and stared hard at her sandy feet. After that, she refused to walk/run/play and clung onto me like a koala. So I washed her feet clean to make her feel better and she came down to walk. I guess the sandy feeling needs some time to get used to, afterall, this is her first encounter with sand.

Sofia spent the rest of the time OUTSIDE the sand pit, refused to let me put her in again. It was really funny cos as I lower her further into the sand pit, she pulled up her feet against her tummy. You would have thought I was lowering her into a pot of soup brewing on the fire.

I am quite sure, after a few more sessions of sand play, she will have fun building sandcastles and burying herself into the sand.