I was not aware babies nowadays got to have some many jabs from the time they are born till about 1.5 yo. It was like a monthly affair for the first year and bi-monthly affair during the second year. Did I have so many jabs when I was a baby? I doubt so. But I guess most parents are very kiasu nowadays (including me) and would also line up those optional jabs, eg. pneumococcal, alongside the compulsory ones.
Sofia has just completed all the compulsory jabs about a week ago with a new PD recommended by my neighbour. Sofia seems to feel very comfortable at his clinic and was happily playing with the toys. At least she did not cry until the PD did a check on her before the jab. Sofia's weight was 10.5kg and standing at 81cm. The doc commented she is of good weight and that really made me a happy mum.
Just as I thought it would be a while before she has to be jabbed again, the doc recommended giving her Hep A jab when Sofia turns two. The doc reasons that usually after the age of two, toddlers would start eating food cooked outside the house and it would be good to give her the Hep A jab. It makes sense to me.
When we stepped out of the clinic, I asked Sofia on the way home:
Me : Sofia, we have to come back when you turn two yo and have the Hep A jab, okay?
Sofia : -silence-
Me : We had an injection just now, let's come back and have one more when you turn two yo okay?
Sofia : Dak! Dak!

