Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 24, 2008

My New Friend - Barney

Daddy and I were at The Curve for our weekly date late last night and there was some book sales going on there. Daddy, being a bookworm, of course would not give it a miss. I love to read too, but it is just so hard to squeeze time for myself nowadays. It would take me ages to finish a book.

Instead, I was attracted to a cart full of DVDs at one end. There were some DVDs on 30-50% discounts and guess what, I found many Barney DVDs in the pile. They were going at RM15 a piece after discount and I thought that was a good price, as compared to the Signing Time DVDs. I felt almost compiled to get some because Sofia was getting sneak previews of Barney on TV3 and she was hooked. In the end, I chose two which she would most likely be interested in.

She was fast alseep when we got home last night, so I tried it out this morning and she enjoyed it very much, especially "Let's Go To The Zoo". Phew!

But I think she could not make out a single word what this pink dinosaur was talking about. He does not speak in a clear clean tone like Auntie Rachel, neither does BJ or Baby Bob. Even Dadddy and I, as adults, had difficulty in catching the words, if not for the subtitles. The real animals shown in the DVD was good though, we all enjoyed that.

One thing I still do not understand though - why are all kids attracted to this weird looking pink dinosaur with fake white sparkling teeth? Beats me.